Spring racing season has well and truly commenced this year. With Melbourne Cup approaching we have saved all the research for you and provided a list of the latest fashion trends, best Melbourne cup packages and places to watch ‘the race that stops the nation’ in Brisbane.
For the women
- Bright and bold: be daring this race season and stand out from the crowd, think colourful shoes, dress and bags (pink is definitely a colour to think about this season) for inspiration see: Ellie Saab, Dolce & Gabbana and Isabel Marant S/S17&18.
- Florals: I know, grounding breaking, but, if you are looking for something that is a little more classic, yet still elegant and wearable you can never look past a gorgeous floral dress.
- For something a little different think bold fabrics, lace, ruffles and frills as the 80’s are making a huge comeback. Also popular on the runway are girly, flowy and elegant dresses which tie in with race season perfectly. Our top inspiration are Zimmerman and Chloe.
- Statement stripes: keeping on with the bright and colourful theme, mini malism is out so be daring this season! For inspiration think Tibi, Altuzarra and Balenciaga S/S17 & 18.
For the men
- Pastel, patterned and coloured suits are a way to stand out from the crowd this season.
- Invest in a funky suit and it will last throughout Spring/Summer
- Pair it with a white shirt and neutral shoes, you can’t go wrong!
Be sure to tag us on Instagram with your fashions on the field: Instagram.com/sofitelbrisbanecentral for a chance to win an Accommodation package!
FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT
Brisbane is buzzing this time of year and there is a diverse range of venues that host Melbourne Cup events. One that is not to miss is the Sofitel Brisbane Central’s range of magnifique events. With some of the best restaurants in Brisbane, accommodation in Brisbane CBD and walking distance to a range of Brisbane tourist attractions it is the place to be this spring/summer. It is also perfect to watch the Melbourne Cup, with TV’s showing the race live and plenty of food and drinks available.
For an afternoon of understated elegance and relaxed indulgence, Thyme² Restaurant will provide live music and a sublime seafood buffet followed by a lively after party and cocktail party in Cuvée Lounge Bar.
Sofitel Grand Lobby will also be doing ‘a Heineken pop-up where you can enjoy the race on the live TV-screen and place bets at the TAB kiosk, or if people watching is more you forte, there is a Pimms pop-up with fashion-on-the-field.
For bookings and pricing information head to www.sofitelbrisbane.com.au or call our lovely team directl on 073835 3535,
alternatively email us H5992-FB9@sofitel.com
Other great places around Brisbane to watch the race and indulge for the day include; Riverbar and Kitchen, Bavarian Bier Café, Eagle Farm Racecourse, Limes Rooftop bar, Gambaro Hotel Paddington and The Normanby Hotel.